Saturday, June 11, 2011

Two Hours and Twenty-Six Minutes

I know you all have been dying to know how long it took me to finish my first half marathon. It was a little more than 2 hours and 26 minutes. This is also the same exact amount of run time in the movie Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1. I can't believe I ran for that long!! That is a long time!

The strange thing is that it really didn't feel that long. I can replay the whole run in my head, and it doesn't take that long.

Was it hard? Yes, and hell yes. It was excruciating. And so hot! At one point, I had to walk because I thought I was going to throw up. This was about mile 11. But I kept telling myself that I was almost done and I needed to finish strong, or at least finish.

Am I still in pain a week later? Yes. I have yet to wear shoes because my toes still hurt. Thank goodness it is summer and flip flops are the norm.

Will I actually follow a "real" training program the next time? Yes. I am signing up for the Kansas City Half Marathon on October 15, and the training starts in a few weeks!

Will I download Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 to my iPod nano and watch the movie while I run my next half marathon? Probably. And I'll cross the finish line before the end of the movie this time.

1 comment: