Friday, June 17, 2011

9 Months Old!!

Gracie is 9 months old today!! I'm finally somewhat current in my blog posts! Although I will be doing quite a bit of retro active posting in the next few weeks to make sure that I've covered everything that has happened with out little one. And a lot has happened!!

At 9 months, Grace can crawl! She is everywhere and into everything. When I'm in the kitchen cooking, she'll be satisfied playing with a whisk or spatula for a little bit, and then it is straight for the dog bowls. She loves to crawl towards our shoes too (not on our feet). She has been gravitating towards remote controls and cell phones for months, now she can get to them quicker.

Another big milestone that Grace reached this past month is sleeping through the night!! This one is a HUGE one for me. Up until 8 1/2 months, we would put her to bed in her crib, only to wake up 2 to 3 times a night for feedings. I would just bring her in bed with us because a) it was easiest and b) I needed sleep. This was not a good plan in the long run, and I wanted to help her be able to sleep in her own bed. So we attempted a few versions of the cry it out method. After a few painful nights, we shortened the amount of time between checking on her and it finally worked. Grace can now sleep completely through the night most nights from when we put her down about 7:30 p.m. till she wakes up from in between 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. Sleep has never felt so good. She will occasionally wake up to eat, but those nights are few and far between. She is getting to be such a big girl!!

She is babbling up a storm! I'm sure she is referring to me when she says "mamamama." :) Grace also has a slight case of separation anxiety and will cry for me for a bit when I drop her off at day care or leave her when I've visited her for lunch. It is completely heartbreaking, but I've tried to be consistent with my goodbyes, and not sneak off while she's not looking.

At Grace's 9 month check-up she weighs 15 pounds, 12 ounces, which puts her in the 5th percentile for weight. She is an itty bitty thing, but is consistently moving up the growth curve chart, so Dr. Austin isn't worried. She is in the 50th percentile for height and head circumference with 27 3/4 inches for height and 17 3/4 inches for head. And she can still wear size 2 diapers and size 3-6 month clothing, although I'm transitioning her into 6-12 month clothing now.

Here is out big girl at 9 months!







No comments:

Post a Comment