Monday, October 1, 2012

Missing my Mom

I miss my Mom all the time, but especially on certain days. Her birthday, Christmas, my birthday, Mother's Day. And today, the anniversary of the day she joined the angels in heaven.

So much has happened in the three years since her passing. I have had a child and am pregnant with my second. My sister has had two more children. Ella, my five-year-old niece, is the only grandchild to have met Grandma Sally in person, although I know in my heart that Mom played a part in each of the miracles sent down to Earth since she left.

As I make my journey through this pregnancy, I am reminded that my Mom followed this same span of time when she was pregnant with me. I was born on April 17 and this baby is due April 14. It is comforting to know that as the weeks pass, she was probably experiencing similar feelings and pregnancy symptoms.

My Mom would have been an amazing grandmother. She would have enjoyed cuddling and snuggling with each grand baby, and acting goofy and playing games with them. I'm sad that my babies will never get to experience her love in person. But, she is their guardian angel looking down from above.

Missing you every day Mom. Love you so much.











1 comment:

  1. Katie,
    You look a lot like your mom and I am certain you possess many of her characteristics! I am also certain that she would be so very proud of you and your many accomplishments, the wife and mother you have become, and the lovely person you have turned out to be!
    Like you, I have lost a parent, and think about them often. I pray that you can remember the happy times, embrace the memories, and live your life with joy knowing that even though you lost her way too soon, that the time you did spend with her was happy and full of love!
    my love always,
    your cousin, ReNae

    ReplyDelete