Thursday, September 2, 2010

Blessed with Baby Showers

This past month, Greg and I have been showered by our friends and family with wonderful gifts for Baby Ernie. We couldn't be more grateful in having so much help getting ready for our bundle of joy who will be here in just 3 short weeks (if not sooner!).

Our first shower was a Couple's Shower thrown by Natalie and Andrew Donovan on July 31. I wish I would have taken more photos from this party, because it was really fun. Greg's friends contributed to a group gift to help us get some of the bigger items off our baby registry.

Fun party, great cake!
The next Saturday, my sister and best girlfriends threw a gorgeous bird/nesting themed baby shower. Every personalized detail was perfect and they did such a good job. Junior League friends, Kappa friends, old work friends, Stitch and Bitch friends and Greg's mom and aunt were in attendance, and Baby Ernie and I really got spoiled. The food was fantastic from this special salad that was my Mom's recipe that Laura made, to the exquisite cake balls that are to die for, to the party favors from Andre's. Absolute perfection.

The girls had gathered photos from my dad and Greg's mom to hang on the branches. Little Andre's chocolate and coconut nest treats are on the platter. I love the photo of my Mom and me to the right.    
Baby photos of Greg and I. Can you tell who is who?
More sweet photos and baby items as decorations. Such special touches!!
Me with my hostesses. Nikki, Laura, me, Rebecca, Maggie and Cho. Thank you again ladies!!!
Laura and I. Thanks for letting me borrow your gorgeous yellow dress. I'm lucky you have great taste!
I am equally blessed to have such a great Mother-in-Law. We had so much fun going back through all of the gifts after the shower and displaying them for Ron and Greg to see.
Barbara and I traveled to Tulsa on August 14 for a baby shower hosted by one of my Mom's best friends, Sheri Renfrow, at Southern Hills Country Club. It was an afternoon tea filled with delicious treats from cucumber and egg salad sandwiches to strawberry scones, macaroons and pink lemonade. It was so good to see childhood friends, high school friends, many of my Mom's dear friends and, of course, family.
My Mom's dear friend Aunt Sheri. (And I couldn't get enough of this dress!)

I have known these girls forever: Kimberly Butler and Elizabeth (Lovely) Greenhaw.
Wonderful grade school and high school friends: Ann, Kelsey and Katie. So glad you girls were there!!
Part of the Eagan clan. My cousin Lenny's wife Tina, Aunt Eileen and her granddauther Alexa, and my cousin Chris' wife Anita.
My wonderful Mother-in-Law Barbara. 
My last shower was last weekend and was thrown by the Ernzen aunts. Greg's Dad is one of eight kids (Barbara is one of 15!), and Aunt Shirley, Aunt Dorothy and Aunt Patsy got together to throw a very sweet shower with the girl relatives. Baby Ernie is so blessed to join this bunch of ladies!
Patsy and Dorothy in the top row. Me, Shirley and Barbara filling out the bottom row.
Me, Ali and Barbara. We had such fun!!
With less than 3 weeks to go before Baby Ernie is due, I have many things to post. I'll try to get a lot done this weekend with the holiday. Be on the lookout!! Have a fun and safe Labor Day weekend!!

3 comments:

  1. You look so cute! I love that polka dot dress! Also, I am dying to know some of your more unique gifts that you have gotten. You must share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are one hot mama! I love the pictures. Can't wait to see baby Ernie.

    XO

    ReplyDelete