Thursday, September 20, 2012

Grace turns 2: Elmo-themed party

I know everyone says this, but I can't believe my baby is already two years old!! Where have the past two years gone? My darling blonde-haired rambunctious toddler looks nothing like the tiny little dark-haired infant we brought home from the hospital two years ago. But it has been an absolute joy to watch her bloom into her own funny little personality.

At Gracie's two-year checkup on Monday, she still measures on the tiny side. She is about 23.5 pounds and in the 15th percentile for weight and height, 40th for head circumference.

She loves to sing her ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle, Baa Baa Black Sheep and The Wheels on the Bus; and I'll catch her singing to herself in the car a lot. But if you try to sing with her, she'll stop you and say, "no Mama, my ABCs." Grace is talking up a storm and repeats a lot of what we say, so now we really have to watch what we say :).

Grace is very independent and wants to pick out her clothes and PJs. She loves to put on her own shoes and socks, and loves to take them off again. She also attempts to put on pants and shirts. She loves to climb up on everything and run around. Graces loves to help us unload the dishwasher, change the sheets on the beds, and put away clothes. She also loves to help vacuum and dust around the house. She is definitely taking after her Dada!

We had Grace's 2nd birthday party on Sunday, and it was Elmo/Sesame Street themed because Grace is REALLY into Elmo right now. I found Elmo invitations on Etsy (and will include those in a future post). I also found the Elmo dress Grace is wearing on Etsy. I probably could have attempted to make this on my own (if I had the sewing skils and a sewing machine), but I am so grateful for someone else's time and talent. It turned out adorable! I got the idea of the veggie and fruit tray Sesame Street characters from Pinterest, and the Elmo cake and cupcakes came from our local Hen House bakery. Everyone had a great time!!

Enjoy the pictures!


No comments:

Post a Comment